« Home | Daaaaaaaamn ... » | Oh my god, I killed Kenny » | Just because I'm an A-hole ... » | Sherman, fire up the Way Back Machine! » | Oh for Pete's sake » | A Musical Giant » | My crippling addiction » | My plans for becoming a total shut-in are almost c... » | So now I have a Blog! » 

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 

Hello, old friend


Wow, I haven't used a Netscape browser in about 2 years. Last time I did it seemed to work alright, but was overloaded with a lot of unnecessary junk. But there is a side of me who is nostalgic for the old days, Netscape was the first web browser that I used when I got my first computer back in '96. So I downloaded and have been using the new 8.0 preview beta for about a day now and I'll admit, I'm impressed with it. Although I was expecting it to work well, it is based on Firefox which I am a strong advocate of, what its got going on under the hood pleasantly surprised me. Most notable is its ability to render webpages using either the Firefox or the Internet Explorer engine. Very nice. Its still has a ways to go before it can surpass Firefox as my primary browser. Once it starts to have themes(I can't say that I'm in love with the Crest minty green color scheme) and, more importantly, some of my favorite extensions available for it, there may come a day when Netscape becomes my default web browser. Then again if someone crafty releases an extension for Firefox that lets you render pages with the IE engine, I'll probably stick with the Fox.

-DCB

Put your feet up and relax ... or don't,see if I care

MoBlog

Flickr

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dcbowe. Make your own badge here.

My Diggs

Contact

Email me
Powered by Blogger