« Home | A slight redesign » | Savage Chickens » | Holy crap, an update ... » | Yeah, I know, its been a while ... » | Let's make "Weird Al" a star » | So long, webcam » | delineature launched » | Interview with Brad Bird » | Oh man, I love the 80's ... » | » 

Friday, July 01, 2005 

I hate, therefore I am ...



And the source of my hatred is my evil corporate employer, LabCorp. Now I've hated them for a while, ever since they bought out our company, Dianon Systems. Granted, life wasn't peachy keen beforehand, but after the buy out, its been dismal at best. And I've been pissed off at the depths of stupidity displayed by our managerial staff for quite some time, but yesterday just may have been the straw that broke this camel's back. Let's take you back to the beginning of last week. I was behind on work because of taking a couple of days off the week prior, plus the simple fact that we're understaffed and overworked in general. I knew that I was going to be off for 3 days this week, and someone else in the department was out this entire week as well. In a department with only 4 people, being down by 2 for the better part of the week is a big deal. So I decided I'd be a nice guy and work harder and more overtime than I usually care to work, seeing as I still had classes, not to mention finals. By Friday I was not only caught up, but even a little ahead of the curve. I also had a soar back and knees to show for it. In fact, I would've needed a few days off just to recuperate. And when I come in after my mini vacation, how am I rewarded for my hard work? I find out that my douche bag of a manager had IT remove access to the internet from our computer because clearly we're spending waaaaaay to much time online. Now I could do without the internet at work, but it was nice to be able to check my email and surf a bit during lunch. It's petty bullshit like that which has pushed me over the edge. I am officially on the hunt for a new job. And seeing as I'm (to date) severely underqualified for most good jobs, I'll have to take a shitty job that pays me much less than what I'm making now. But to be out of this god forsaken hellhole I'm at now, it'll be worth it. Unfortunately, this means I'll have to move out of my apartment and go crawling back home with the folks. But at least, in about 2 years or so, I'll be able to pursue a career instead of just a job.

-DCB

Put your feet up and relax ... or don't,see if I care

MoBlog

Flickr

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dcbowe. Make your own badge here.

My Diggs

Contact

Email me
Powered by Blogger